Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike423

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
First of all apologies if Im violating the terms of this forum by making a new thread about this.:)

Ok here the deal, I have a old black macbook which apparently some people are interested in buying from me, which I wouldn't mind selling coz i got a new one to update to lion :) which i did.

The old one has a lot of my information on it which i want to get rid of ASAP, the problem is, that when i bought that it was leopard, and after a while i update it to snow leopard, but i did that through a shop i don't own a snow leopard CD and I don't intend to buy until its a must.

Now is there a way to get rid of my info without the SL DVD? if yes where will i get the step to step instruction?

I tried to look up couple of videos and i downloaded SL from a torrent but could not burn it on a disc coz of the size, it was 6+GB and the DVD i had was only 4.7GB.

I still tried without burning the CD and doing directly from a .Dmg file but was not able to partition my hard drive, i kept getting error while partitioning.

Hope there is a easy was to do this, if not then i guess i read somewhere that you can create a new Admin acc and delete the one which has your info. Is that true?

Your help is much appreciated guys as always.

Thanks
Mike...

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Pirating aside, you could use disk utility to restore the disk image to a USB drive, and then boot directly from that to reinstall. When it's done just hold your power button to stop it from restarting into user setup.

mike423

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Pirating aside, you could use disk utility to restore the disk image to a USB drive, and then boot directly from that to reinstall. When it's done just hold your power button to stop it from restarting into user setup.

I haven't tired that, I guess I'll do that and if anything I'll be back. :)

Thanks buddy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.