Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claydoh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
When I first got the Apple Watch the face looked like this.

s1m80g.jpg

Now after customizing the face It does not have the blue around the face like it does in that pic. I have tried all the different faces including color ones and I cannot get it to look like this with white numbers but blue around the edge like this. Can anyone tell me how?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
That's strange. I believe that's the "simple" watch face but there doesn't seem to be a way to customize it to get that color. Weird.

grenhall

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
It's never been blue if your display on your watch isn't defective. If you mean blue as in the picture that's just your phone capturing the refresh rate in the wrong moment. Sorry.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
It's never been blue if your display on your watch isn't defective. If you mean blue as in the picture that's just your phone capturing the refresh rate in the wrong moment. Sorry.

Yep that's what i was going to say. It's more black and white (greyscale) than anything else. The only color adjustment was the second hand.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I've seen screenshots of the modular face in a light bubblegum pink color, too, and I can't reproduce it on my watch. I see the pink as I scroll on the crown, but it won't "stick" on that color.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
When I first got the Apple Watch the face looked like this.

Now after customizing the face It does not have the blue around the face like it does in that pic. I have tried all the different faces including color ones and I cannot get it to look like this with white numbers but blue around the edge like this. Can anyone tell me how?

yeah thats not blue in your pic, its white

PedCrossing

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
The Loop
Everything other than the second hand should be white. When I look closely at your picture, I could tell it's blurred, I would say the color is because of the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.