Need a little help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AL2TEACH, Jul 31, 2017.

1. AL2TEACH macrumors 6502

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Should work for photo editing,at least for normal size JPEG files.

3. jerryk macrumors 68040

Pretty darn old model. Low res screen, compared to retina. Old slow spinning hard drive and very little memory. I am not sure it is a good value.

4. Audit13 macrumors 65816

Audit13

It is an older model but it is easily upgraded with an SSD and ram. To increase storage, the DVD drive and be replaced with the existing mechanical in a DVD caddy with the OS and programs on the SSD.

5. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

These things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $200 for something that outdated, because what am I going to do with it? I'd rather save and get something new, if I couldn't afford a Mac there's some really nice Windows computers for that price. It also seems a massive ripoff, considering you'd want to increase the RAM and SSD immediately, you're looking at a further $200 on top. And that only has a measly 90 day warranty which I wouldn't feel safe with. In all you're looking at what, $1000? When you could buy a brand new one and have a far better, more comfortable experience for not much more than that.

Also 2012, GPU issues or safe?

6. Audit13 macrumors 65816

Audit13

2012 seems safe from gpu issues.

2010 and 2011 15" MBPs address still going for over $600 CAD where I live and they are in worse shape but still seem to be selling.

7. AL2TEACH thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. After some thinking, I thought best to pay down some bills, the laptop was more want than need, lol.
    I am curious, to those that say it's old (and it is) how is a MacBook Air better than this except in weight?
    The cost for the 2012 was $700.

Attached Files: