Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron559

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Okay I have an iphone where the screen works and everything just not the touch on part of the bottom of the screen. Where u slide to unlock..So i cant get into my own phone..Would i need to get a full screen? or just the digitizer with the glass? Any help is appreciated. Its a iphone 3g btw

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Is it still in warranty? Have you dropped it or damaged the iPhone in anyway? Could you take it back to Apple to fix?

Getting Apple to fix an iphone is always the best bet, but to me, from the limited info I have it sounds like the digitizer as the screen is still working.

ron559

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Is it still in warranty? Have you dropped it or damaged the iPhone in anyway? Could you take it back to Apple to fix?

Getting Apple to fix an iphone is always the best bet, but to me, from the limited info I have it sounds like the digitizer as the screen is still working.

quick response :) and no its not under warranty anymore :( and it was just in my pocket and it suddenly stop working at the bottom

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Like I said in my original post it sounds like the digitizer as the screen still works. This could very easily be wrong without looking at the phone.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Just had a thought....

Could you not take it too Apple and get them to prepare an estimate for whats wrong and then replace it yourself?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.