Need a long desk

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lightz39, Aug 13, 2014.

1. lightz39 macrumors regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Hey all I've been searching for a new desk but I'm having some trouble. I was wondering if you could help me out. I need something rather long and fairly deep.

I will have on my desk:

LG 34UM95-P - 32.7" x 18.5" x 6.8"
    Logitech Z623 speakers
    Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard
    Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse

I am currently using a simple desk from walmart that is:
    39.4" W x 21.7" D x 29.5" H

It works for now but I only have a benq 27" monitor that is
    21.6" X 25.3" X 10.7"

As you can see the new monitor is quite a bit longer. As it is now my stuff JUST fits. If I put that new monitor on this desk the speakers will be completely behind it. I'm also a lot closer to the monitor than I'd like. Especially if its going to be that wide.

I've been looking around but haven't had much luck.
  2. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2007
    IKEA has a couple long desks. I have a Galant which is 47.25" wide and has adjustable height. It's only a couple inches deeper though.

The Alex is 51" wide.
  3. longthizzz macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2011
    IKEA table top and some legs I think the longest is , 70 cm

Attached Files:

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Mar 2, 2008
    Always a day away
  5. lightz39 thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Hum, the Alex looks like something I could get into. I'm just not sure how wide I'll actually need. I just basically want my speakers to be beside the monitor instead of behind them blocking the sound.
  6. willydimes macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2014
    ill second the galant, I have a corner one with an extension and its great. I have my ATD and a second 20 inch next to it with my speaker along side. My printer is there as well as the laptop I plug into the displays and there is still the entire extension free. Pretty fair price for it as well and is very durable
  7. monokakata macrumors 68000

May 8, 2008
    Hilo, Hawai'i
    Good one. When I was in the timing business, that was my desk (in a trailer). The downside -- I'm being serious -- was that there was no mouse that would work on that pebbly surface. So I had to have a mouse pad or have a sheet of paper taped down.
  8. pinesssoms macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2014
    great, I had to have a mouse pad or have a sheet of paper taped down. thanks[​IMG]
  9. talmy macrumors 601

Oct 26, 2009
    Ikea Galant here. My wife has one, too. You can make it as long as you want and even wrap around corners.