Need a Mac for School!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadSwag7, Jul 13, 2011.

1. MadSwag7 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

This my first post, so sorry if I leave any details out. I am currently a college student studying biology (pre-med) I like to have a computer that I can use for work(taking notes and what not), movies, music, and just web browsing. I am stuck between the 2.7 gHz 13" and the 2.0 gHz 15". My only concern is that my previous laptop was a 14" and I found that to be a little small but I heard that a lot of the applications on the MBP are made to fit the screen with ease and it is really easy to map around various apps open at once. What do you guys think would be the best model? Money is not much of a concern but it would be nice to save a few hundred :)

Thanks in advance,
    M

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Look at apples refurb site. You can get a 2010 MacBook Pro, either 13" or 15" that will suit your needs for years to come. And it'll save you more than a few hundred. Apple refurb's are top notch and you will not be disappointed!

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If you have a retailer that sells Macs near you, go in and check it out, I would simply get which ever model you like the size of better. I do have to say that the 13" is a lot better fit for desks than the 15" though when taking notes, but I wouldn't make that the deciding factor. Also, if you get the 13", do yourself a favor, and get the 2.3GHz model. You really won't notice a difference at all between the two, other than the extra $300 in your wallet. If you need the extra hard drive space, you can always upgrade that on your own, it's an easy process.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

u wont need a top of line 2011 model. a 2010 15inch will suite u fine

5. DKTacts macrumors member

I would suggest the 15" - the extra screen real estate makes video watching much more pleasurable. Unless you really want the portability of a 13" (I've found the 15 can be a little clunky to move around) - get the 15.

6. MadSwag7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, thanks for the feed back guys! I will definitely look into the refurbished ones and check out the store as well. Thanks again for your input I'll let you know what I decided on as soon as I purchase it lol

Thanks,
    M