Need a MacBook protective case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iGrainger, Sep 3, 2010.

1. iGrainger macrumors member

iGrainger

I'm in the UK, just got my first MacBook, but after my last Laptop, which is now in tatters, I'm really safety conscious and really careful with this, but sometimes wear and tear can ruin hardware, with cracks, splits, stains, especially with the white plastic on this MacBook, so does anybody have any protective cases that fit around the laptop perfectly, to ensure that my plastic doesn't crack, or get ruined?

I've had a look online on the Apple UK Store, but the cases are VERY expensive, plus postage as well, it will set me back about £45, anybody have an idea as to where I can get a good quality one anywhere for a lower price?

Thanks in advance :)

2. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

You get what you pay for...I am very impressed with Speck's cases. Yeah, they cost more, but they fit really well, and I know several people who have had them, and they do their job. My gf has this case in red, and she loves it. Worth the money, IMO.

3. iGrainger thread starter macrumors member

iGrainger

They do look very good quality actually, I would just go for a see-through white-ish one, as I have to say, the look of the white plastic is just amazing...