Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LawlsMcPasta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
if you don't mind tinkering, then it would probably work for you.

Caveats to that approach:

1. Something will most likely break with the software upon the very first OS X update. Impacts of this can vary depending on what changes with the updates, but expect to gain lots of experience with debugging kernel crashes, boot failures, and the like. If that's the type of experience and skill that you want to gain while learning Logic Pro for school, then go for it.

2. With the first caveat in mind, you will typically be lagging in the security and general update area, as the "hackintosh" community (or you) deals with the "how's" to fix whatever breaks with the updates.

In either case, stick to quad core i7 though. That holds true wether it's Apple hardware, or a "hackintosh".
Yeah I did start to think of this after I made that post... Plus a lot of the laptops I saw which were good with hackintosh don't seem to be available in the UK o.o

As said, best not go the hackintosh route while you're in school. There *will* be problems, and that's bad enough on a lazy Sunday afternoon. When you have deadlines, fuggitaboutit.
Again another good point, I don't think I'll have time to be messing with these kind of issues :/

Start donating him some small moneys so he can buy 2012 cMBP off the eBay
Haha I wish!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.