Need a .mov to MPEG2 converter!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ~J~, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Done a little google-ing but not coming up with much of anything. I have a bunch of FCE edited movies (~45min each) and need to convert them to MPEG2 format quickly. Anyone have a program/utility (free) that does this??

2. ~J~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I got the program & the 3 binaries installed fine, but it wont convert the video. I do all the settings how I need them, the click "convert" & it goes from 0% to 100% in less than a second, the timer bell rings, but no file is created.

Is this supposed to create a new file (converted from the old one)? Or does this simply convert the original file to the new settings?

3. bwoodward macrumors newbie

Try VisualHub

A program called VisualHub can convert just about any video into any other video format. It's fast and easy to use, but it costs about $23. Get it here:

http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

4. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

Quicktime should be able to do ut with the mpeg 2 codec available at Apple web site.

5. Mac_Max macrumors 6502

I use MPEG Streamclip at work to convert files between formats. It's cross platform and offers a lot of great features and is completely FREE. It also has no limits put on it like the unregistered version of FFMPEGX.

6. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

there is some kind of error readout window on FFMPEGX that'll tell you why the video hasn't encoded - i find it's usually becuase the audio is set to 48KHz rather than 44.1KHz