iPhone Need a new calender app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rex450se, Oct 3, 2018.

1. rex450se macrumors regular

I'm looking for a new calendar app as I haven't been too pleased with Outlook so far. I'm looking for something that can sync with my google calendar and multiple Outlook calendars. I don't mind paying up to $10-15 if it's worth it. Please throw some ideas out there that I can check out. I know I could search calendar in the app store but then I have to weed through the crap that others have probably already done. Don't know if it makes a difference but my Outlook is through an Office 365 account. Thanks for the help.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Try the Google calendar app. Not only does it do everything you want, it's free.

3. chabig macrumors 603

It's free only because you're letting Google scrape your calendar for ad tracking.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So? That doesn't detract from the fact that it's a great calendar app.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Fantastical is a great app with a large following and great support. I really like it.

6. ann713 macrumors 65816

Check out 'Calendar 5' or the Google calendar.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I've tried Calendars 5 and Fantastical in the past, Fantastical won. Been using it for years now on both my iPhone, iPad an Macs

8. Paco II macrumors 65816

Nothing wrong with Fantastical but I do think it is starting to show its age.

9. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I use Week Calendar as an app on my iPhone and iPad and connected it with our Google Calendar that my wife and I share with one another so we can see each others appointments.

10. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I have been using calendar 5 for a while now. Very good.

11. xerxers macrumors regular

I have used Pocket Informant for a number of years now and found that it is just perfect for everything I want to do include syncing with my exchange calendar, it is easy to use and you can set up you own color scheme.

https://www.pocketinformant.com/

I have nothing to do with Informant except being a user.

12. Pspressart macrumors regular

I also use Pocket Informant and think it is very good, but the OP wanted something less expensive. Also, Pocket Informant is now subscription-based, but I think it is worth it.

13. wa2be macrumors member

There's a free version of Calendars 5 that's called Calendars by Readdle. I used it for a few years but I've been on the Fantastical train recently and really love it. But Calendars is a great calendar app too, and has a few views that I wish Fantastical had. Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

14. rex450se thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update. I downloaded Fantastical 2 last week and have been really enjoying it so far. It seems to be working very well and checking all the boxes I needed. I've yet to find that I need something and it doesn't do it. Thanks