Need a new case...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iZeeshan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. iZeeshan macrumors regular

So currently I'm using the Belkin Reveal and I hate it.

It's bulky and it's all scratched up. I have no idea why I got it in the first place, I guess I preferred the reveal look, but I realized I don't really like it.

I'm looking for a case that covers the back and the sides, preferable white, but I really don't want a design or anything.

I really like the back look of the iPhone, with the logo and the writing and all so I was wondering if there was any case that would fit my needs. But that is the last of my priorities.

The only case that seemed to fit my description was the White Replicase but I don't know much about that. It seems like a cheap, hard case and I also kind of wanted a silicone (again not a priority), so I don't know if I should go with that.

Please recommend something.

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

The best case for you would be the SwitchEasy TRIM, my friend. It's awesome, enough said.

3. iZeeshan thread starter macrumors regular

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I saw that one and I really liked it, but it doesn't have a back cover does it?

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/TRIM/TRIM.php#

And what's your opinion on the White Replicase?

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

The TRIM has a frosted plastic back that protects from scratches and what not.

As for the White Replicase, never tried it, although looks pretty cheap to me...

5. iZeeshan thread starter macrumors regular

Any other suggestions?

Still looking for one...

6. simply stunning macrumors regular

I have an Incase smoke snap in case. you can still see the apple and writting through the back, and yet it prtects the phone. Also, it is supper thin which is what I was looking for, as I always carry it in my pocket. Has a nice texture to it to, so it isn't slick, but easy to kee clean too. I got it as part of Apple's free case program, but you can find them new on ebay for like $12 shipped. Very simple, but is perfect IMO.

7. JASApplications macrumors 65816

8. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I second this one.....just got it the other day and absolutely love it, but man is it real uncomfortable to hold in hand....hope i get used to it.

9. iZeeshan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response guys.

I ended up going with the Acase Ice Cube

I found it on Amazon and it looked like exactly what I wanted and had pretty decent reviews, so I just went for it. It comes with 2 screen protectors too.

Anyone know anything about this case?

10. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Could you please supply a more detailed opinion of the TRIM? I was wondering how it is, in case they make one for the iPT. :confused:

11. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I just received my green one in the mail today and here's my first impressions. Sorry, I don't officially have my iPhone 4 yet due to some personal reasons but here is my initial impressions without the case on the phone.

I see where they get the name from, the TRIM on the case refers to the ridges alongside the outer TPU part of the case. Now, the ridges alongside the case are what initially turned me off but when I first held them in my hand I'll have to say that it felt like I was holding a flat outer shell. You could not tell that the ridges where there and they provide an amazing amount of grip.

Onto the button cutouts. The cutouts for the sleep wake button and the volume rockers are very big, so it should have a very tactile respons, which is what most YouTube reviewers have said. There are three individual cutouts for the speaker, bottom mic, and the 30 pin dock connector. The 30 pin dock connector does not seem to sag at all compared to the CapsuleRebel. The 3.5 MM headphone jack is widely open and should fit any headphones or earphones without any trouble. The camera cutout is very generous and has a very well made black ring that goes around the cutout that is supposed to help with the flash although I have heard that people are still having problems with the flash from a distance.

The back part sorta reminds me of the griffin reveal except that it has a matte feel and look to it. I came home from the movies tonight with sweaty hands after seeing the movie unstoppable (best movie ever by the way!) and put the case to the test to see if the back piece would show finger prints. It didn't, at all.

Now, there is one pet peeve that I have about the case and is not noticeable at all unless you look. There is a very tiny burn where they injected the silicone/TPU at the top portion of the case, again not a biggie.

I really think that this case is built from some very quality material and shows the craftsmanship SwitchEasy puts into their iPhone 4 cases. My early preview rating is 9.5 out of 10.

P.S. I did not have the phone on as of late, be on the look out for the full review coming in hopefully a few weeks.

Hope I helped.

12. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Here is a review of the TRIM in case you need more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKo_VVSZ34

13. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Thanks. :)

I hope they make on for the iPT....

14. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes, that would be badass, Although it would be hard to make the ridges with the Touches slim design.

15. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Hmmm. I didn't think about that....

16. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I think I might get the Odyssey, it's a little bulky, but after watching MRKRAZY1870's review, I'm hooked.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Check out the cases in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049233

Yes, I know the cases that people are talking about in the thread are bumpers, but if you go to the store's website, you'll find cases that cover the sides and the back as well.