Need a new desk and chair... (and what keyboard!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Amber, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Amber macrumors regular

I have a MBP and I'm looking to a buy a new keyboard and mouse.

I do audio typing from home for a living and also will be doing more and more music for a living soon.

First off, what keyboard would be best for me for typist for 8 hours a day? Something that will help my speed and accuracy. Nothing super expensive. I'm going to be using it with Logic a lot too so I will be buying the shortcut stickers.

Now for a desk I was looking at the Ikea Fredrik (no shelves) and maybe the
    Joakim chair. I was also thinking of getting a Swiss Ball to sit on instead as they are cheaper but I wouldn't know what size to pick. I will sometimes want to sit back and listen to music as well.

I will use the desk for typing long periods of time, playing keyboard (not a lot) and just doing officey stuff on. I want something simple.

I will be getting a Dell 24" soon as well.

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

For eight hours a day, dunno. I have the older white BT mac keyboard and honestly am not a fan of it. I just started a 2nd job translating and I have this fantastic flat keyboard. I'm going home back to the States for xmas and thinking of buying the newer apple BT keyboard.

Mouse is whatever.

For desks, I have the armed bonny and it's fine. I also am now a fan of the corner galant desks with curved fronts. It's just so comfy somehow...

3. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Although I disliked it at first, the new Apple keyboards are really nice. Good feedback, smooth. And so far, does not jam and stick like the older white Apple keyboards.