Need a new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by etaleb, Jan 16, 2017.

1. etaleb macrumors member

guys - it looks like my ipad 2 is finally caving - it won't recognize touches on some parts of the screen (sometimes the keyboard) and a fresh IOS install did not help. Is there any way to fix that issue?

If not, is there any place where I can buy a new ipad 10-inch that offers a trade-in for ipad 2?

Thanks

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Best Buy. I would look for an iPad Air 2 that's on sale for at least $299 and trade-in the one you have.

3. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

5. lyunmac macrumors member

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Swappa tends to to be more reliable these days, even over eBay. And there are plenty of sale prices to save money.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

8. lyunmac macrumors member

Some are new being listed as New(resale).

9. Beerstalker macrumors 6502

It's getting pretty difficult to find any retailers still selling new iPad Air 2. As far as trade in goes, I have had good luck with Amazon.

10. Leney macrumors member

Are you still covered by a warranty, e.g., an extended warranty provided by a credit card? If so, you can make a warranty claim that will cover a replacement by Apple, as long as there is no damage that they'll use to deny the claim.

I have an iPad Mini that I purchased in Jan 2014. I had Applecare+ and purchased the iPad with an Amex so I'm covered until this month. My iPad started acting up, I made a claim to AmEx, and they issued me a check for the cost of replacement.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Oh, sorry, forget it. You said iPad 2 but people were talking about iPad Air 2 so I got confused thinking you had an Air 2.

11. Greenmeenie macrumors regular

Greenmeenie

Bring it into Apple. See what they say. It might be covered. If not, Apple does have a trade in program where they give you a discount on a new iPad based on your old one. You can do it online...but I always prefer going into the Apple Store and dealing with a human. You might get lucky and get a good deal.