Need a new laptop - selling my G4. Help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by consPiracy, Apr 24, 2008.

1. consPiracy macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I need a spot of advice. I really need to get a new laptop as mine is struggling under the weight of Ableton Live (it's starting to glitch out my tracks a little more than I'd like!) and hope you might be able to tell me how much I should be asking for my current one.

I've got a 12" G4 Powerbook 1.5ghz/1.25Gb RAM / 60Gb HDD / Combo-drive. It's in immaculate condition bar one scratch on the bottom of the case (caused by a train table) and the F3 key is loose to the point of falling off (would replace this before selling I think). The other 'thing' is that it does not have the original battery - it died after a year of use, and I replaced it with a much better Japanese model.

I have the original box, all the cabling, and the DVDs/Documentation.

As the lowest-spec MacBook is about £700, I thought I'd try and get somewhere near £375/£400 for mine, but I'm not sure. What do you recon?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Here in the States 12" G4 Powerbooks are going for about $675 (approx. £341) so I guess it's possible to get that much. But you'll never know until you try.

3. consPiracy thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess you're right. I don't like putting stuff up for auction, so it'd be a BIN item on eBay... is there a 'for sale' board on here?

4. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I'd be interested at around £300 if you're interested?

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I recommend looking at eBay to get an idea of what similar models are going for and basing your price on that. That is what I did when I sold my iBook and when I bought my Treo from a friend.

6. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

That seems high, you might have trouble getting that much for it.

7. consPiracy thread starter macrumors newbie

Gaz, I'll email you when I get home.

Tom.

Thanks for the input, guys!