Need a new laptop - selling my G4. Help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by consPiracy, Apr 24, 2008.

1. consPiracy macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2008
    Hi guys. I need a spot of advice. I really need to get a new laptop as mine is struggling under the weight of Ableton Live (it's starting to glitch out my tracks a little more than I'd like!) and hope you might be able to tell me how much I should be asking for my current one.

I've got a 12" G4 Powerbook 1.5ghz/1.25Gb RAM / 60Gb HDD / Combo-drive. It's in immaculate condition bar one scratch on the bottom of the case (caused by a train table) and the F3 key is loose to the point of falling off (would replace this before selling I think). The other 'thing' is that it does not have the original battery - it died after a year of use, and I replaced it with a much better Japanese model.

I have the original box, all the cabling, and the DVDs/Documentation.

As the lowest-spec MacBook is about £700, I thought I'd try and get somewhere near £375/£400 for mine, but I'm not sure. What do you recon?
  2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Here in the States 12" G4 Powerbooks are going for about $675 (approx. £341) so I guess it's possible to get that much. But you'll never know until you try.
  3. consPiracy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2008
    I guess you're right. I don't like putting stuff up for auction, so it'd be a BIN item on eBay... is there a 'for sale' board on here?
  4. gazfocus macrumors 68000

Jan 3, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    I'd be interested at around £300 if you're interested?
  5. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    I recommend looking at eBay to get an idea of what similar models are going for and basing your price on that. That is what I did when I sold my iBook and when I bought my Treo from a friend.
  6. jackc macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2003
    That seems high, you might have trouble getting that much for it.
  7. consPiracy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2008
    Gaz, I'll email you when I get home.

Thanks for the input, guys!