Need a new mac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Andysleen, May 22, 2009.

1. Andysleen macrumors newbie

Hello fellow mac owners, I love you all
    I would like to ask you what is the best kind of mac I should get? I had an old G4 and it was amazing I love how it looked really shiny unlike those ugly pcs Ewww! :p Anyway it died from some virus or something I think it got that virus that windows has built in and that made it vulnerable to viruses. So I really need a new one I want one that's powerful and it needs to look nice I love the look of those new pro series but I don't really know if that computer is for me!

Macs 4 life! :apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, it didn't.

Eh?

Well, what do you do?

3. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa

Hello,

Well there are a few questions we could ask of you (like what are you doing with your computers?), but if you were doing fine with a G4 and are not planning on doing anything radically different, I don't see why an iMac wouldn't be the perfect fit...

Others will probably give you a lot more choices, but in the end Apple's lineup is quite small and a quick browse through the AppleStore should answer all the questions you may have.

Good luck and have fun with that new Mac!

Nisaea

4. Andysleen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the people at my local mac store said it got lepa or something and that I would have to upgrade to a newer mac.

Also I use my mac for video and graphic design. But my son uses it every now and then to play video games and he keeps telling me to purchase a PC for him so that he can play Crisist or something like that. I always tell him that he should give up on his games and I would get him a nice mac that he could use. But he just tells me that pcs are better and then runs in his room. hehehe sorry I didn't mean to ramble on about my son like that! :apple:

5. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

What's that?

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Nope

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They told him that it was too old to run LEOPARD and that he would have to get a new Mac. :D

Spank your son every time he says the word "Crysis" and spells it like that. You'll be able to tell when he's pronouncing it with that spelling. :p

Crysis is a worthless game that no PC can "properly" run and exists only for eye candy.

8. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Hahaha!!
    This almost beats the guy who called it 'Leopold'.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's nothing. One of my clients keeps calling it "Panda"... :confused::p

10. Andysleen thread starter macrumors newbie

No they said that it had a virus! Also are you implying I should beat my son?

11. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Ignoring all the other junk in this thread, an iMac would probably meet your needs. But if you want expandability you could look at a Mac Pro, but for your needs it would be overkill.

12. Bartman01 macrumors regular

Then they lied to you. Assuming they did NOT lie to you and you are perfectly happy with your G4 then wiping/reinstalling the system is all you need.

If you really do need a new machine, an iMac or a MacBook would be appropriate for your use. If I were in your shoes, I would look at the MacBook/MacBook Pro for portability.

Since when does spank = beat? I would agree that physically disciplining your son for not properly pronouncing a video game would be an ineffective (and probably abusive) approach to correction, but if a simple spanking EVER approached the realm of a beating then you have serious self control issues and need to seek counseling.

13. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Some people interpret spanking as a very abusive action; however, this thread is not about discipline, it is about a G4 replacement. An iMac or a Macbook of the Intel variety should suit the OP just fine. As for the virus? A wipe of the hard drive would have taken it off the machine.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

i quite literately lol'ed at this

15. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

This thread has got to be a joke. :rolleyes:

16. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Get a nice refurbed 24" iMac, you won't look back.

17. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

I thought LepA was more related to bacteria than viruses. :p