Need a new MDD Logic Board

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I need a new Logic board for my FW800 MDD. I was going to get a 167MHz FSB Board (to upgrade the processor) my question is can i use my current 1GHz 133MHz FSB CPU in a 167MHz FSB Board?

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Theoretically it will overclock the CPU to 1.25GHz I believe. Although I don't think the CPU's are physically compatible with each other.

Don't quote me on that though, it's been a while since I fiddled with overlocking MDD's.

3. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

4. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Several years back I gutted a MDD FW800 for its case.
    Since then I've given away the PS to someone on this forum and several other bits have been used elsewhere.
    I do have the Logic board and the finned heatsink plus a couple of other bits.
    The board is yours for the shipping cost if you'd like it.
    PM me with your decision.

Attached Files:

5. Surrat macrumors 6502

Surrat

When I first got my MDD I got 2 of them. One was a FW800 dual 1.25, and other was standard dual 1.25. Of course I hooked up the FW800 first, and it worked, but constantly gave me problems, freezes, and random resets. Sometimes it would refuse to boot at all, and when it did it only would show part of the installed ram.

After a lot of trial and error, I tracked it down to bad ram slots on the motherboard. I'm guessing somebody in the past put cheap ram in there, that was a little bit too thick, and stretched out the ram slot pins. Anyway, I had to junk the Fw800, nothing I tried would bring the slots back to use. I ended up transplanting everything into the standard MDD and its been working perfectly ever since. I recently upgraded its video card to an apple 9700pro I found on ebay.

I miss the FW800, with its bluetooth, and airport extreme.