need a new method to jail break what would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alphatectz, Apr 24, 2009.

1. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

well i've been using quickpwn but i've been getting so much damn lag so i restore my 3g back as a new iphone, i heard that pawnage tool is much better less lag. is this tru, and is there a pwnage tool out for windows yet? im so sick and tired of my stock iphone i need to re-jailbreak asap, also what should i stay away from once i re-jailbreak (i dont use winter board, no need for back groups i just like my transparent dock and extended prefs, but is there a way to get a transparent dock and extended prefs without using winter board?)
    also which is better and less lag, sbssettings or bos pref, i like sbssettings a lot but im not sure whch is better......

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

Are you saying that the programs or tools you use to jailbreak are causing lag on your iPhone? It is not the programs but what you download. Basically anything that runs in the background or changes the look of your iPhone will cause the lag. e.i winterboard, sbsettings, and on some occasions PDANet. If you are concerned about the lag then maybe you shouldnt jailbreak. If you just want the apps. BUY THEM!! Support the developers.

3. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

if you refresh you'll see that i changed what i wrote to give people a better idea, im down to support the devs

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

The tool you use to jailbreak has nothing to do with the presence or absence of lag.

Anything that uses MobileSubstrate is likely to increase RAM usage and thus cause reduced performance. SBSettings uses MobileSubstrate. BossPrefs does not. Therefore, if performance is your primary concern I would recommend BossPrefs.

5. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

thnx