Need a new Mouse... Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BlakTornado, Jul 25, 2009.

1. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I currently have a Logitech MX Revolution, but it's fallen apart. The coating on the right hand side has come off, the scroll wheel mechanism has jammed up and the rubber coating on the wheel came off today. Now, to top it off, it's messing with Exposé and other apps by indicating that the wheel is being scrolled, when it's not (Dirt, probably, but there is no easy way to clean it - and I'm hardly dirty, for that matter).

So I'm looking for a new mouse. I need one with six buttons, at least (left click, right click, middle click for Dashboard, two buttons for spaces, one for Exposé - All Windows), a scroll wheel (vertical and horizontal scroll) and wireless (Bluetooth preferably). Ergonomics would be nice, since I've never had issues with the MX Revolution in that respect.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm guessing a gaming mouse would be best (since they're designed for people who use computers a lot, so have good ergonomics, weight and plenty of buttons). Being rechargeable is also a dealmaker, too. Batteries are very expensive.

All help appreciated. Thanks! Worst comes to the worse, I'll phone up Logitech and see if I can get a replacement but the last time I dealt with them, they told me to smash the mouse up and take a picture of it... eep.

2. BlakTornado thread starter Guest

BlakTornado

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

If you want a cheap, but good mouse, I heard the Logitech VX Revolution is a good mouse.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I actually love my wireless mighty mouse. with the exception of the scroll ball sticking every one and a while