Need a new mouse.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by That-Is-Bull, Jan 25, 2008.

1. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

I'm one of the few who like the Mighty Mouse, but my scroll ball doesn't scroll down anymore and I'm sick of cleaning it. I've been looking at trackball mice (the ones that use a ball on the side to move the cursor) but I want a bluetooth one and can't find any. There's wireless ones, but you have to use a dongle, which sucks. Does anybody know where I can get a bluetooth trackball mouse?

2. errol macrumors 6502

errol

Never heard of one but if you're interested in a MM replacement (I hate the MM too), I'd go for the Microsoft Bluetooth 8000 (non presenter) mouse. I hear it's out of the box compatible.

3. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I don't know of any trackball mice either, I went with a Kensington si670m myself. They're discontinued, and apparently the newest version isn't as good, but the one I got is still available brand new from a number of retailers. I picked mine up at a local MicroCenter store.

4. pbkiller macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation. I have a Bluetooth mouse logitech that I use with my PowerBook, but I also would like a bigger one to use with the macpro. I bought an USB logitech MX610 right handed version that was on clearence on compusa, but it designed for Vista, so all the extra features can't be quite useful. The mouse works ok, but I get random disconecys and it lags sometimes. This doesn't happen with my V270 and the PowerBook. I also want to get rid of the USB dongle as well, besides the microsoft 8000, which other would you guys recomend? thanks guys!

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Although it isn't bluetooth, I think an MX Revolution is a great choice. I've had mine almost for a two weeks now and love it.

6. pbkiller macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation. I have a Bluetooth mouse logitech that I use with my PowerBook, but I also would like a bigger one to use with the macpro. I bought an USB logitech MX610 right handed version that was on clearence on compusa, but its designed for Vista, so all the extra features can't be quite useful. The mouse works ok, but I get random disconects and it lags sometimes. This doesn't happen with my V270 and the PowerBook. I also want to get rid of the USB dongle as well, so im prefering bluetooth. Besides the microsoft 8000, which other would you guys recomend? thanks!