Need a new Printer

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Abraxsis, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

My local printer is closing his doors this week after 45 years on the job, and Im looking for a new printer. I would prefer something online based, affordable on jobs from 5-50 pieces, quality papers, die cut capable, binding and excellent color reproduction.

Any suggestions?

2. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Pretty low quantity. I don't know many printers that will print less then 250.

SPOT or Processed?

3. Abraxsis thread starter macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Process is fine, we don't have anything too color critical printed on this side of the Pacific. Just good quality digital prints would be fine, all color analysis comes from the press proof from our Asian print house. Plus, the company allows me an allotment each month to have 2 items from the month professionally printed for my portfolio, hence the low number of 5. Always thought it humorous that the company pays for me to essentially update my resume every month.

The printer here in town was retired from a print house in TN and had a lot of equipment he had salvaged and repaired over the years, and he did an amazing job at seriously low prices. Sucks he decided to shut down for good.