Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
So my old dlink has started to drop connections randomly... I'm thinking it is time to upgrade and get a new router. I use wireless exclusively so naturally having 2 N draft macs I want to go to an N router. I do not stream video or music (might eventually who knows), I do move files wirelessly between my mbp and mac pro. I also have my iBook and a pc laptop connect via g spec to my current network.

I am leaning toward the Airport Extreme base station (referb unit save to some $$, just had another kid;)), but.... dlink's dir-825 doesn't look so bad and is the same price as the referb AEBS. Or I could go for a linksys wrt610, but I'm not sure of it based on the poor reviews and issues, but I do like its features...
What would you guys recommend?:confused:

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
So you have a "g" router now?
How is the transfer speed?

I would recommend a Buffalo myself, mine has been in constant use for several years, and I have yet to ever touch it. totally plug in and forget. 4 wireless macs, and we get 25,000 down with our cable connection and its "g" speed.

Do you need any extra ethernet connections?

You could get away with an Airport Express...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.