Need a new tv, any suggestions is grateful!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gc15, Nov 23, 2014.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

First let me point out, i know nothing about televisions. I don't know if the difference between 60 and 120 hertz is that big of a deal or not. The only thing i know is people say go with samsung, lg, or sony.

Any who, I am in the market to get a new tv due to mine being old and showing some tear. I currently have a 32 inch panosonic which has done me well but i want something better.

I want the tv to be good for gaming specifically and movies, but I'm not hard to please and i want to get it in a price range. Plus I'm hoping since its black friday and the holiday season, that i could find some kind of deals happening.

So can anybody help me out, and point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

2. StinDaWg macrumors 6502

Samsung plasma. F5300 if you don't have the cash, F8500 if you do. There is no better tv available at this time.

http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-wins-value-electronics-shootout-2014/

If you really have the cash to spare, look at the new LG OLED. Jaw dropping.

Some people might come in here and recommend an lcd, but please don't if you care at all about picture quality.

3. DorisJohn macrumors newbie

Samsung h6400 or Sony kdl50w829b.
    If playing games are important for you, get the Sony; otherwise Samsung can be good for watching movies. I got the latter in bedroom to watch blu-ray collections via plex.
    Personally, I liked both; Samsung TVs have amongst the most uniformly backlit screens.