Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dimme

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
I have always used APC UPS and have been happy. I see Cyberpower had some good unites out there now. I was planing on getting another APC because I always get them and to me they have perceived quality. Is Cyberpower just as good? What are your thoughts on this...

Last edited:

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Although it was years ago, I used to have a few of both. In the end I preferred APC because they were quieter (fans), which mattered to me because they were in the same room as me. In the end I stopped using UPSs a few years ago - the power in our area is pretty good.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I used to use APC and when I needed a new one, I went with Cyberpower. Less money and has been performing flawlessly over the last year.

nagual

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
After more than a year of use Cyberpower is performing really well for me, battery is still good.
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD here.

Last edited:

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Been using my CyberPower for nearly 4 years now and it's never given me issues. I have lost power maybe 3-4 times over that period and manually killed power to the room once to do some wiring. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase another in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.