Need a program to simply convert the audio in mp4 files to mp3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swallowtalor, Apr 29, 2007.

1. swallowtalor macrumors newbie

I know there’re many such programs, but too complicated. I need to choose between many different Profiles, which confuse me a lot. I just need to convert mp4 files downloaded to mp3, so I can play them with my mp3 player on my way to company. Who can recommend me such a program, can output mp3 files and no complicated functions?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Do you mean mp4 video files, or do you mean m4a or m4p audio files (e.g. the AAC format iTunes prefers)?

As long as the MP4/AAC files are not protected (that is, DRM, like the Apple iTunes Store), then iTunes is enough.

iTunes Menu -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing

Import using MP3 encoder (change this setting).

Now highlight any song you want to convert, and select Advanced -> Convert Selection to MP3. iTunes will make a copy of the song in MP3 format.

Again, does not work for protected songs.

3. lilyly macrumors newbie

I always use MP4 Converter on mp4converter.net, easy-to-use, but not just converts mp4 to mp3, u may want to consider this program, I think it’s good, worth the money. Maybe others can recommend some more simple program to just convert mp4 to mp3.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

5. swallowtalor thread starter macrumors newbie

does itunes work if mp3 player is not ipod? sorry i 'm a newbie

6. swallowtalor thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried this one, exactly as u said, easy to use, it seems not too complex although it has so many functions

7. nikitaVar macrumors newbie

The tool I use for conversion mp3 to m4p and mp4 to mp3 is drm-removal.com I already metioned about it here!
    also if u a ipod freak like me - it can copy converted files directly to ipod. Megafeature :cool: