Need a program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by teqmter, Jan 16, 2017.

1. teqmter macrumors member

teqmter

Hi everyone. I am running a 27” Mac up to date. And being a retired railroader out of Spokane wa. I run an open based train simulator called Trainz. I like creating rail routes historically correct. I am doing the Great Northern Railroad over Stevens Pass from Cashmere to Monroe in 3 Phases, 1893 to 1900 (the switchbacks over), 1900 to 1929 (the first 2.63 tunnel) and 1929 to present times (7.8 tunnel). I have the original profiles for over the pass. But they are 14 PDF files. My trouble is I am not to computer wise and I need a program I can manipulate the 14 PDFs around so they are all connected into one. I like the PDFs because no matter how much I zoom in or out the clarity as always there. I had a photo program I used to stitch photos together that I maneuvered each photo around to create a panoramic photo. I am looking for something like that. Thanks teqmter

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. jasnw macrumors 6502a

jasnw

teqmtr : A bit off topic, but WOW - Big Daddy Roth's Rat Fink! Haven't seen that graphic in decades. Brings back fond memories of the '60s.

4. teqmter thread starter macrumors member

teqmter

Sorry what topic should I put it in? I am not looking how to rearrange each PDF file. I should have explained it better. Think of it this way, say I through the 14 PDFs on a table and they all have a line drawled on them, so I want to arrange the PDFs so the line is all in one line end to end, or how ever the line lines up with the next line. I need a program to do this on my mac. Thanks teqmter

5. jasnw macrumors 6502a

jasnw

Sorry, I meant that MY response was a bit off topic. You're query is probably as good here as anywhere.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I haven't used GIMP for Mac in a while but it would probably work. It's a free, open-source application similar to Photoshop (which you could use if you have it). Be sure you retain the original resolution.

7. teqmter thread starter macrumors member

teqmter