Need a quick answer about warranties.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikelong622, Dec 11, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

So I'm going to be buying a used 17 inch macbook pro for the unbelievable price of 1400 dollars. The only thing is that it is a little over a year old and there is no applecare on it. Is there any way to get a warranty or some kind of protection on that laptop on it or am i pretty much screwed if anything happens to it? This is a big factor in me buying this thing.

2. f1 macrumors 6502

If the limited one year warranty is up and there's no applecare registered to it, than you're out of luck in terms of warranty with apple. If you need some sort of protection you'll need to buy like insurance for your laptop.

3. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Applecare needs to be purchased within the first year of ownership. After that, you cannot add it. That's my understanding anyway.... Perhaps call Apple or an Apple Store to confirm.

4. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

No I'm pretty sure that is the case...I'm just trying to figure out other alternatives.

Guess I'll just be taking really good care of it.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup. AppleCare can be bought and added anytime within 1 year. It cannot be added once it's more than 1 year from purchase date.