need a Radio app that does BBC radio

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ksolano, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ksolano macrumors regular

are there any Radio apps that pick up all BBC radio stations?
    Any ideas? cheers.. Kevin.

2. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

That FStream app picks up a lot of them. Unfortunately I think broadcast rights may limit some (BBC1) of being sent out in anything other than protected/non-streamable format. That or it's just not supported by the iPhone/iPod Touch (e.g. wma and rp).

3. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Didn't the BBC have a web app to listen to their stations?

4. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Not sure what "all" BBC stations are but WunderRadio gets 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Live as well as a host of local ones as well (you pick locality it provides local stations). Hope that helps.

5. ksolano thread starter macrumors regular

Great, this should work nicely in london.. Cheers for the help all..

6. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

I would like an App that allows me to listen to football games broadcast in the UK [I'm in the US]. Apparently WunderRadio doesn't allow this as the BBC blocks overseas match commentaries. Does anybody know of an App that will allow this?

R ;)

7. ksolano thread starter macrumors regular

The thing is bbc reads you're isp, so when it knows you're not in the UK & it blocks you.. same with hulu here in the uk.. we cant watch it here because its for US only =/

I suppose theres some sort of hack, but those are the black arts..

8. Lara F macrumors 6502a

I've managed to get BBC 6 on WunderRadio for some reason but none of the others - has anyone else outside the UK been able to (I'm in the States)? It really drives me nuts that I can get them all (except for 5 Live during a match of course) on my computer without an issue, and listen again on iPlayer - but on the iPhone they're blocked.

I've tried inputing BBC1 On FStream and it won't work - maybe I need an updated URL? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. In the meantime I'll have to stick with Virgin Radio (I still refuse to call it Absolute, lol).

9. severe macrumors 6502a

10. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

WunderRadio - has all the BBC stations (I've only tried 1 + 2 though) here in the UK.

11. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that threw me for a bit too :) spent ages looking for Virgin and couldn't work out where it gone. Only found Absolute by chance and then had a "doh!" moment.

12. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Never going to happen because of licensing agreements.

13. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

unless there's an App that allows you to change the proxy address

14. shetaan819 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the BBC Asian network site works with Wunderradio outside of the US ?

Or Nullriver's Tuner app for that matter ...?

I've been able to download BBC podcasts via UK proxies (on the PC) but its tough finding a proxy that allows downloads more than 10MB....by the time I find one, the proxy address changes and I have to go and find a different proxy...:mad: