Need a shock absorbing case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by strausd, Dec 2, 2009.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

Hey guys, I am looking to get a good shock absorbing case for my 3G S. Right now I have the otterbox impact and it gives good shock absorption but I do not like how the back has a hole cut out. The defender looks like it will be a little too bulky for everyday use. Anyone have any good ideas?

2. Nickday89 macrumors regular

i tried a defender out in an att store, and it's not really that much bulkier than a "regular" protective case. i hate bulky cases and the only reason i didn't buy it was it's crazy price. the pictures add bulk.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

did the built in screen protector get in the way or produce any air bubbles? and how responsive was the touch screen at the edge of the phone with it on?

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

my top two choices right now are the incipio silicrylic and the switcheasy capsul rebel, i just dont know which would provide better protection from drops and that is basically the deciding factor right now.

6. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

its only like $25 off of amazon...

as for the screen protector thing, you can use baby powder, antiglare screen protector, glasses polisher

7. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

+ 1 for that case.

seams to be good protection.

8. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

personally i dont really like the style of the switcheasy case and as for the defender, i dont wana have to go through all the trouble just to make the case do what its supposed to. But i think the plastic part of the silicrylic might come off after a drop

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Have you looked at all the different colors and textures the rebel offers?

10. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

ya and i also watched a drop test of the rebel and the iphone itself started to come out. plus the harder silicon may not offer as good of shock absorption

11. Resist macrumors 68030

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. My Defender just fine.

But if you want shock absorption then it adds some bulk, you can't have it both ways.

12. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    i've got the defender and after 3 or 4 times taking it out of the case for inspection the "watermarking" from the screen protector has gone away.....(no powder needed in my case, it never bothered me anyway though).....

13. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

also im not too fond of the apple logo that is left open from the case. does anyone have the incipio silicrylic?