Need a sleep timer for Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LastLine, Aug 29, 2009.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hey all,

I've recently updated my old G5 iMac to Leopard and forgot to find my Powercontroller serial number before doing so, and for some reason can't recall which email address I registered with.

Essentially all I use Powercontroller for is to set the computer to sleep at night, nothing else at all - so I wondered if rather than shelling out for the same piece of software twice, if anyone could suggest where I might find a piece of software that will allow me to set the mac to go to sleep at a given time, for free. Any ideas?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You can actually do it with Terminal.

Code:
    sudo shutdown -s +30 "Good night in 30 minutes"
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -s 0908292230 "Sleeping at 10:30PM on Aug 29 2009"
    It'll ask for password, then you're set. The message at the end is optional.

3. mntbikejack macrumors newbie

I don't know if it is available on a G5 but try clicking on the schedule button in system preferences -> energy saver

4. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

As above

Yep it is in energy saver - def in leopard and snow leopard not sure about tiger and before

5. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah well that's me sorted then :) I just noticed this an hour or so back on SL on the Macbook but wasn't sure about it being in Leopard (I never saw it in Tiger) so I'll set it up when I go upstairs next. Good call guys.