Need a slim case with a shoulder strap!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by germ79, Jun 27, 2010.

1. germ79 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a 17" MBP and need a case for it. I want more protection than a neoprene sleeve, but don't need a full-fledged work bag (I already have one). I really like the style and protection of the Booq Vyper XL2, but it has no shoulder strap. I am really afraid I would end up dropping it, as I usually have my hands full on the way to/from work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeremy

2. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

I hear waterfield sleeves are nice and come with a strap. www.sfbags.com I believe it was.

3. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

Marware

I bought the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe for my 15" MBP. They make them for the 17 as well. www.marware.com

It's not a big bag, just enough to carry the computer and the charging stuff; maybe a few folders/magazines as well. If you don't care about bringing the charger, then maybe the Sportfolio will work for you. Both of them have the shoulder strap.

I like mine.

LT

4. theindigofreak macrumors newbie

tom bihn

i highly recommend anything by tom bihn. the brain cell (comes in both vertical and horizontal layouts) has awesome protection and works well inside a bag or carried solo. it includes handles so it can be carried and also rings for a shoulder strap.

here's a link for the horizontal one: http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0300

i've had a vertical one for years and the thing has saved my mac on many occasions. and oddly enough-it still looks new!

5. DMBGuru macrumors regular

i've owned tom bihn sleeves and incase bags. i strongly recommend the incase bag with a strap, either the "plus" or not - i've had both. they are very durable and provide enough protection without going overboard so as to save on space and remain slim and sexy.

i'm currently using this with my sexy new uMBP 15:

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-sleeve-cl57325

6. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

+1 for incase! It's the bag I am getting for when I don't need to travel.

7. germ79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you to everyone who responded! I'm actually really liking the way the incase bag looks. The price is pretty reasonable too.

I'm gonna go check them out today!