Need a software for Mac that can convert between almost all formats!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsulu, Apr 25, 2007.

1. itsulu macrumors newbie

I have many media devices, e.g. ipod, mobile phone, Pocket PC, PSP, XBOX360,I often need to play various videos using them to do testing, but u know, these devices support different file formats, i’m tired of searching for various different files here and there, I do hope there is a software that can convert between almost all formats like MOV, AVI, WMV, MPEG1/2/4, 3GP, ASF, MP4, MP2, MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, WAV and AC3 etc. I know there’re many such software under Windows, but could someone recommend me such a program for Mac, no matter shareware or freeware. Any help appreciated.

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Visual Hub should be able to do most of those. There is a demo, so you can try before you buy.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

FFMPEGX should be the suitable and able to convert all those filetypes.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

ffmpegx as mentioned above is the best free video converter for Mac OS X if you ask me.

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

MPEG Streamclip seems to work well with a lot of formats and has a lot of export options

6. kendybech macrumors newbie

MP4Converter.net has published a software called Video Convert for Mac recently, it seems to be the one u needed. It’s a shareware, not going to give a link, u can download it and have a try.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think, between VisualHub and ffmpegx, VisHub is a lot more user friendly and probably worth the money. The big thing that VisualHub adds is that it is better at pre-setting file settings to sensible values, so you do not need to wade through six pages of options or else convert a file and then find out your

More of us here only deal with the problem of getting formats *into* the Mac world, and not back out of it, so Visual Hub's free cousin, iSquint, is super popular here. It's an excellent app.

8. enzoo macrumors newbie

9. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i use visual hub and absolutely love it never lets me down...

10. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I also have to throw in my vote for VisualHub. It's so easy to use. Just drag in the file to convert, click once to select the output format, click start. The advanced options are all there, just like in FFMpegX, but you never see them unless you want to. The only other program I use as much as VH is Safari!

11. 210 macrumors regular

Imo

Another shoutout to VisualHub. It is worth buying it. Very simple and easy to use and rather fast at converting. I also use Handbrake for DVD conversions.