Need a solar charger...any help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LastLine, Jul 8, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

I need a solar charger (urgently - 17 days) but the catch is I need it to allow me to charge through a Figure of 8 power cable (the sort that goes into camera battery chargers, some laptop calbes things like that)

Does anyone know of such a device? Preferably in the UK or with bloody fast shipping :)

Help!

2. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

why do you need it to charge through the fig 8 cable? i'm assuming so u can charge a camera battery? could u get a solar panel with a 12 volt socket and inverter so u can have regular electricity? i must say..idk what power "sockets" are used in the uk tho. but surely theres something of that sort that could power you.

3. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

Does it need to be solar? There's probably a way to charge via disposable batteries.

4. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Would be cheaper too

5. FDX macrumors regular

6. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

That's also an option - basically what I need is some way to charge over a 2 week period where I won't have a constant power supply, but need to through this Fig 8 cable - batteries would actually be better as the stuff can be left in my tent out of sight (World Scout Jamboree)

Anyone able to link me to something like that in the UK? (or abroad if necessary)