Need a specific adapter and will this band look good?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by noobinator, Jun 30, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I have attached a pic of the black/gray stainless steel band I want to install on my 42mm SS Apple Watch. I bought the Luvvitt adapter from Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT®-Stainless-ADAPTER-Adaptor-Comparable/dp/B00V9P7ZSA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435696431&sr=8-2&keywords=apple+watch+adapter

After finally getting the band off my old watch I found out the Luvvitt adapter won't work. The metal axle that goes in the hole in the band is too thick. Two questions:

1. Where can I buy an adapter/axle combo that will work with this band that has a thinner axle?

2. Any opinions on if this band will look decent with my Apple Watch?

IMG_0003.2015-06-30_201628.JPG

2. Mac2me, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Yes I've discovered the Apple classic style adapters (tubular) have a wider diameter than using a spring pin adapter. The pin style should work for you. I have my metal watch band that looks similar to yours at the watch face connector and it fits and looks good on my watch with the pin style. However my watch is polished SS and so are the pin adapters. Off hand can't recall if I've seen any that are being shown in black yet. Those with the space black SS might have a lead for you. If not I'm seeing multiple metal colors showing up on the classic adapters recently and assume that the pin style lugs aren't far behind. Up until Apple released their watch there wasn't anything like the replaceable lug adapters. The watch faces had lugs built in and you would only occasionally have to replace a broken or lost spring pin.

Once you get the right color spring pin adapter your band should look great on your watch.

3. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

I assume you have plain ss apple watch. If that is the case just get this one. It is a pin version that matches stainless steel and works well. It is on eBay and they are in the US out of Utica NY. You can get 38mm or 42mm.
    If you have a black SS apple watch, then I haven't seen a black adapter using the pin yet.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281688911285?nav=SEARCH

4. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks to you both. I've ordered the eBay one for now.