Need a suggest to choose the book

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ramy1989, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ramy1989 macrumors newbie

I already programmed in Objective-C, I studied cocoa (I read big nerd ranch's cocoa programming for mac os x) and some iOS programming but not with iOS 7.
    I know the language and basic stuff like multithreading, using blocks, ARC,etc... but I still know too few about iOS. For some reason I don't like iTunesU lessons, I prefer a book (it's also faster for me to read a book because I can better organize and skip parts that I don't need).

Now I've seen many books online, but I still don't know which one to choose. Considering that my goal is to learn how to distribute apps on the app store (I need to know how to sandbox an app, right?), which book would you suggest to me?

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

I know this isn't the advice you want, but you need to learn to use Google and Developer References to self educate with stuff like this. Books that deal with something like iOS specifically are pretty much going to be out of date the moment you get your hands on them, and it really is a costly way to learn the small differences between each version of iOS or Windows or Android or Mac OSX.

For example, you want to learn more about App sandboxing. The iOS App Programming Guide is 100% free and up to date.

https://developer.apple.com/library...uide/TheiOSEnvironment/TheiOSEnvironment.html