iPad Need a very light case for Ipad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jimbo1mcm, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

With the reduction in weight of the new Ipad Air, it seems silly to put a case on it that weighs 10-15 oz. I think the Apple Smart case is about 5 oz. Anyone know of other light weight cases?

2. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

they have not released the Air yet so maybe give it more time and i am pretty sure that those cases will start popping out at EBA.. and AMZON..

3. mrgossett macrumors 6502

4. bobright macrumors 601

I loved the INVELOP on my iPad 3, waiting to see how it looks with the Air before purchasing can you post a review and some pictures when you get it?

5. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

I'm getting another Luvvitt. I spoke with them today, the Dolce for the iPad Air will be announced next week. Here is the Luvvitt for the previous iPads for reference.

http://amzn.to/1cgUAtf

6. bobright macrumors 601

Is it smooth to the touch or rubbery? Lightweight?

7. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

Very smooth. It has enough grip to it, but not the grip that would ever attract lint or those rub marks that some cases get. The last one I used (still have it) was on my iPad 3rd gen and it felt like there was nothing there. The thickness was also negligible. The iPad Air is way lighter than the 3rd gen, but I am pretty confident that the weight and thickness will be negligible on the Air as well.

I am hoping that the announcement means that they will be available on Amazon because I'd rather have the Dolce back and smart cover front combo again. It's a shame there are no more leather smart covers.

I just weighed the back for you on my kitchen scale. It's 67.02 grams by itself.

8. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the info. About 3 oz. Pretty good.

9. bobright macrumors 601

Nice, def adding it to my cart as an option thanks

10. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

11. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I never understood why those cases are always so expensive.... i ve tried them many times and compared to the cheap ones (1 to 3 dollars) from ebay differences are minimal....

12. tmolloy macrumors newbie

13. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Not to mention they crack in the corners, after a few months.

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not all of them do. I had a Belkin one for my iPad 2 which did crack after a few months. I'm currently using a SwitchEasy Nude clear back cover on my iPad 3 and its still going strong after 18 months. I'm probably going to get a SwitchEasy Nude or Cover Buddy for my iPad Air.

15. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

The clear version looks like a glossy polycarbonate. Is that true? I like my clear back to have a little bit of texture like the Lovvitt.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes the SwitchEasy Nude has a smooth "glossy" back. That doesn't really bother me though. The quality is more important and so far its held up very well.

I've preordered the following as a temporary solution as there doesn't seem to be any word as to when the major brands will be available. I preordered a six pack of screen savers from the same company again because the good brands haven't been announced. I want the Tech Armor ones as that's what I have on my iPhone 5S. There some sort of promotion so I got £1 knocked off and got both for just under £2 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G32RDTU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1