Need a windows 7 key or what? help

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I bought an OEM windows and it was a one time install. I had to reenstall windows a while back and the key didn't work. Bought a key off the net and it worked for about 6 months then I got the dreaded Activation windows popping up..
I have been living with it ever since .

What should I do, and what version of windows or another key or the New windows 10, and how can I install an update version if my copy is not activated?

thoughts?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
What should I do, and what version of windows or another key or the New windows 10, and how can I install an update version if my copy is not activated?
If you are dedicated to keeping Windows 7 then your option would be to purchase a new legal copy. PM gavinstubbs09 if you want to get a great deal on a new copy. You can give Windows 10 a shot as well as I do not believe it requires activated copies of Windows to upgrade from.

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
If you are dedicated to keeping Windows 7 then your option would be to purchase a new legal copy. PM gavinstubbs09 if you want to get a great deal on a new copy. You can give Windows 10 a shot as well as I do not believe it requires activated copies of Windows to upgrade from.
Maybe I will go that route, new windows 10.. I hope the interface is good.

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I like it so far... If you need Windows though I think Gavin will be able to hook you up.
As far as Windows goes, I don't have a problem with Win 7 since I only use it for 2 or 3 programs I need, I do everything else on the Mac side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.