Need a windows 7 key or what? help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lukester, Jun 5, 2015.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

I bought an OEM windows and it was a one time install. I had to reenstall windows a while back and the key didn't work. Bought a key off the net and it worked for about 6 months then I got the dreaded Activation windows popping up..
    I have been living with it ever since .

What should I do, and what version of windows or another key or the New windows 10, and how can I install an update version if my copy is not activated?

thoughts?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

If you are dedicated to keeping Windows 7 then your option would be to purchase a new legal copy. PM gavinstubbs09 if you want to get a great deal on a new copy. You can give Windows 10 a shot as well as I do not believe it requires activated copies of Windows to upgrade from.

3. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I will go that route, new windows 10.. I hope the interface is good.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I like it so far... If you need Windows though I think Gavin will be able to hook you up.

5. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean email Gavin? Whats the deal on win 7?

6. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

As far as Windows goes, I don't have a problem with Win 7 since I only use it for 2 or 3 programs I need, I do everything else on the Mac side.

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You can private message him on here. I am sure he will give you a good price on it...