Need a wireless card for PowerMac G4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bass93, Apr 15, 2010.

1. bass93 macrumors regular

Alright, so I just traded a guy a 160GB hard drive for his Dual 450Mhz PowerMac G4. It's got a 20GB hard drive, 386MB of RAM. It's running Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me. But it doesn't have wireless, and I have to have it. There is no way to get a wired connection to my room.

I have a 802.11 b/g PCI wireless LAN adapter that I took out of my PC. It's an Anatel wn5301a-h1-vo2. I looked EVERYWHERE online for an OS X driver for it. I could not find one. So I just stuck it in there to see if it worked. The computer doesn't recognize the card. So I'm assuming that it isn't going to work. If someone can find a solution to get it working, that would be awesome! If not, can someone tell me the best solution to get a wireless adapter for this computer? I don't care if it's PCI or USB. I would prefer to spend less than $15-20. Thanks.

2. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

eBay?

Have you checked eBay? I have the gigabit G4 and when i first got it I had looked there for an airport card. You may even be able to find an apple airport card and just throw it right in. I haven't looked for a while though.

3. bass93 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'm not eighteen, so I can't legally have an eBay account. Otherwise, I would.

4. bass93 thread starter macrumors regular