Need a Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mufasa804, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

So as you can see from this thread, my wireless Mighty Mouse is giving me lip. So I need to buy a new wireless Bluetooth mouse. I went into Best Buy and they had a bunch of those Microsoft ones which are too small. Any suggestions on a good Bluetooth mouse? I'm open for suggestions as long as it isn't the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000.

2. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I second the logitech, or in fact anything from Logitech.

I have a MX and I find it hard to use any other mouse.

4. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

That's a very good mouse but I want a Bluetooth one. I don't want to take up another USB port.

5. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

i will give you my blue tooth might mouse, but it will not scrool down so if you want i can mail it,

6. steve10172 macrumors regular

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

I have been using this mouse with my Macbook 13" and its great.

7. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I had the Microsoft BT 5000. Hated it!

It was too small for my hand. I thought I would get used to it, but it was just too small.

Whenever I up-scrolled the wheel, it started Spaces. I use Spaces, but this mouse was starting it when I didn't want to use it.

It took 10-15 seconds to connect with the Bluetooth when I woke up the computer. I don't like waiting.

It takes 2 AAA batteries. (I didn't have it long enough to give you any insight on battery life.) I almost always have AA in the house, but not AAAs.

So, I took it back. I'm back to an old wired mouse until I can get to a store with more selection than Best Buy.

OP Why do you want Bluetooth? I think I will just get a small USB hub for my MBP.

8. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Try the Logitech VX470. It's gotten pretty good reviews. I don't care for the ergonomics of it, but it is good.

9. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

Logitech G7 Wireless Gaming Mouse.

It beats even wired gaming mouses and its battery life is good.

If you get any other wireless mouse, they will perform mediocrely in first person shooters like team fortress 2 or counter strike source, but if games are not your interest, it is a very accurate mouse to use as well.

10. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

Games are of interest for me but primarily I will be using it for every day uses. And yes, the 5000 is pretty bad. The reason why I don't want a wireless mouse is because I'm taking up all the USB ports on my iMac already. My desk is stuffed already, I'd rather not get a hub.

11. illibball087 macrumors regular

the simple answer is there are no good BT mouses, get a logitech mouse with a micro receiver

12. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

13. illibball087 macrumors regular

dont do it i have already tried it and got rid of it, sharp edges, did not sync well, and awkward feeling also bad feet

14. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Mighty Mouse. I've had no problems with the scroll ball. It only gums up if you eat french fry's and use the mouse at the same time.

15. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

Bball, really? But the mouse looks so cool!

And no on the Mighty Mouse. I do none of those things and the trackball is noticebly grayer, but that's not my problem, I think my laser went bad so now it's jumping all over the place. I'm temporarily using the Microsoft 5000.

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

17. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Be careful with this combo. I have the MX5500 combo with the MX Revolution on my G5 at work. The Logitech LCC software does not recognize either the keyboard or mouse in this setup. The software works fine with just the mouse plugged in. I have that setup at home, and haven't had any problems. Well, until I upgraded to SL that is.

18. illibball087 macrumors regular

yes man really i was shocked because i thought it was awesome...when i got it it felt so cheap and the scroll wheel was garbage...the bottom of the mouse kept getting snagged on my steelseries qck+ mouse pad because the bottom has sharp angles and very shallow feet

19. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

If games are of interest, then I can guarantee you that the logitech g7 is the best bet. Even if you have an inkling of playing a game, you will be furiated when the mouse stops working and you suddenly die or have screwed up motion in the game.

I use the G7 for school work and for all applications too and I find it far more accurate, easier to use for my medium-large hand (palm grip), and I paid $30.00 for it on Ebay.

I have a macbook pro 13.3" standard 2 gigs of ram and it plays team fortress 2, and counter strike source pretty well that it serves all my minimal gaming needs (no need for ps3 or xbox 360 or a gaming desktop/laptop for the matter).

I am not a gamer, but I like taking a break from work by killing some dudes as I find it also increases my concentration/focus ability afterwards too!

Seriously, don't let the downside of a usb receiver discourage you from this. Just unplug your printer or whatever unnecessary item that is hooekd up to your laptop at the moment --- I mean what do you have hooked up to your computer that you need to be on all the time?

the usb receiver has a base that can hook pu to the laptop and it has a mini receiver too (it's not micro sized but its the length of a large paper clip).

Forget bluetooth. I heavily researched/used bluetooth mice and they all sucked.

At the very least, if you're gonna go for a bluetooth mouse stay the hell away from the apple bluetooth mighty mouse --- it's a terrible mouse for the price and you can find many much better ones for a lower price AND AESTHETICALLY APPEALING TOO.

But again, go for the G7, utilize your macbook pro to its max otherwise you just ended up spending $300-400 more on a luxury Toyota Camry (Lexus ES300)

20. illibball087 macrumors regular

i agree when i had a g7 i really loved it the only problem with it is the lack of another arrow button on the left side

21. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

Every mouse has its pros and cons, and I thought the back key only on the thumb grip was a minor hassle but not a big deal. The reason why they took the forward button off was because people kept on pressing it too much during fps games apparently and so logitech listened to its gamers zealots and took it off.

Get the G7.

22. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Had a Logitech Revolution VX, but it crapped out on me.

By far my favorite mouse is the Kensington Slimblade Trackball..its
    around 50 bucks on Amazon.