Need accessory gift ideas for my boyfriend's jailbroken 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ihaveageekbf, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ihaveageekbf macrumors newbie

My boyfriend has a jailbroken 3GS and I am trying to find him some cool and useful accessories for christmas. I am a novice when it comes to iPhones and wasn't sure if there were any accessories that were particularly designed for jailbroken phones?? If not, are there other accessories that you recommend I get for him. Some of my requirements are -

1. they are not any of the basics like phone charger or dock or headsets as he has these basics

2. they are under $100

3. i am looking for some thing that is unique, creative and useful

Please send me your recommendations. Thank you very much!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your boyfriend's jailbroken iPhone is not so different that it would result in special accessories. If you believe this then I have a case that only fits jailbroken iPhones that you can buy.

3. ihaveageekbf thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, he already has the basics like the case.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

IMO, iphone accessories fall into three categories:
    1. basic and useful
    2. specialized for niche needs
    3. "novelty" products that aren't very useful, and usually hideously designed (IMO)

According to you, your boyfriend already has 1, it's difficult to recommend anything from 2 without knowing more about your boyfriend's lifestyle/interests, and 3 is about the opposite of what you have in mind.

The only thing that comes to mind that might fit your criteria is speacker docks / alarm clocks, if your boyfriend doesn't already have one. But whether or not your boyfriend actually finds it useful would depend on his preferences.

Best of luck finding the gift!

5. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Have you given any thought to gifting him an iTunes card for the store?

6. ihaveageekbf thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for that. I saw some accessories that involved docks and aalrm clocks and some not so useful but cool ones like the 3D screen, projector and the zoom for the camera. Do you know anything about the iTrip Autopilot. I know he has a car charger but this seems useful to be able to play music while doing other things. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautopilot

I am disappointed at the accessories available because as someone who has never kept up with them I expected that there would be more creative options out there! Anyway, thanks! I will keep looking.

7. boonchunt macrumors newbie

Gmask Skin for Your BF iPhone

I personally like the Gmask Skin done on my iPhone, very very much, and I think it is a great gift for all occassions.

You could put your own picture on it, and have then printed and applied on your bf iPhone. :)

Visit their site at www.gmask.com for information.