need advice about brand new unlocked 3G upgrade/downgrade

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rscaramelo, Apr 9, 2010.

1. rscaramelo macrumors newbie

I just got a brand new 8gb 3g iphone.

First: Is there a way to make certain that the firmware never gets bumped up to 3.1.3? Some sort of app?

Second: It has 3.1.2 on it. Is there a better firmware and is it possible to downgrade it that firmware?

Third: Is there anything else that I should do to this Jailbroken and Unlocked iphone?

My iPhone: 3G, 8GB, 3.1.2, 5.11.07

thanks,

Roger

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

1) Don't hit the Upgrade or Restore button
    2) 3.1.2 is good stable firmware
    3) What are you missing ? If it is jailbroken and unlocked, that's all there is.

3. rscaramelo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I though that there would be something that would password protect the firmware. Oh well. I just need to be careful.

Thanks again.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In order to upgrade to 3.1.3 you have to hit upgrade, then you have to hit download and install, then you have to sit there for 7-10 minutes while the firmware downloads before it ever begins to install.

Anytime during that, you can unplug the phone to prevent the install of 3.1.3.

So, there is really nothing to worry about.

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Another thing you can do is uncheck the 'check for updates automatically' that is under Edit->Preferences. My iPhone is at 3.1.2, and my iTunes says that it has the latest software installed. This prevents iTunes from upgrading as well.