Need advice about buying MBP 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Johntomk, Jan 28, 2009.

  1. Johntomk macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #1
    I'm currently saving for the 17" MBP....I probably won't have enough money until July or August....Therefore my question is if I wait until August should I wait a little bit longer until they update the MBP again....and also when will that be? Will the MBP 17" be updated with the 15" MBP this year? or will it be in January again?
     
  2. Markov macrumors 6502

    Markov

    Joined:
    May 18, 2007
    Location:
    Philadelphia
    #2
    I would assume they would update them together, that being said they didn't the first time around (as you know). I have a feeling this had to do with the case, I really don't know. The current models are quite nice, and the next round of updates will be faster speeds, larger HD capacity, better video card perhaps. It's too far ahead to even speculate. I suggest keep an eye out for any rumors surfacing, if there are none, I would go out and buy one.

    Completely worth it, or so it seems. =)

    Out of curiosity, what kind of tasks would you be using your mbp for?
     
  3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    #3
    Apple will not update the current mbp line until same time next year.
     
  4. Johntomk thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #4
    Thanks for the info!! I plan to use it for picture and video editing mostly.....
     

Share This Page