Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leewwiiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2010
hey guys i have a mbp 2.26 ghz and i am running windows 7 on boot camp and i have quite a small hard drive my computer has 2 gbs or ram and im feeling it its lagging abit more then usual and i want to upgrade it also i do alot of music editing ect so i would like advice on to buy a

1. ssd (solid state drive) kingston
or
2. 4 to mabe 8 gbs of ram

please help
thanks,

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
More RAM will definitely help. And an SSD makes things start faster.

But the difference between a standard 5400RPM and 7200RPM HDD is kinda negligible, so maybe invest in an SSD and RAM, if you can afford it.

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Hackint0sh

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Upgrading to an SSD drive will speed your machine up faster than anything. You can always add some RAM a little later.

leewwiiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2010
hmm

well yes i dont think i can get the ssd drive

i edit music and use heavy photoshop programs and windows 7 bootcamp and some games so does anyone know a good aussie hdd 7200 rpm?? and a good deal on some 4 gb ram?

most appreciated :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.