Need Advice about upgrading 1st gen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sherrey2512, Sep 19, 2010.

1. sherrey2512 macrumors newbie

Sep 19, 2010
    I am new to doing upgrades to my touch 1st gen. I have 1.4 at the moment, I would like to be able to put games onto my itouch. I need to know how I can upgrade to 2 and higher? I would like to upgrade for free but I am willing to pay. I need to know what each upgrades gives me and is it worth me spending the money. I have been to the itunes store looking for the upgrades but there is nothing there for me. I would love any help from anyone. Thanks:D
  2. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2010
    In the heart of Europe
    AFAIK you have to connect your iPod to iTunes and either will automatically ask you if you want to upgrade the software or the should be a button somewhere on the "main page" when you click on your iPod in iTunes. Uff, a very long sentence, hope it helps.
  3. EllieV macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2010
    To make more clear, when you plug your iPod into the conjured and open iTunes, click your iPod (on the lefthand side menu, it says your iPod's name). there will be a button saying something like check for update.
  4. sherrey2512 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 19, 2010
    thanks for the answers. I have done the connection to my itunes. I have done all the upgrades there, I want to know how far I can upgrade the 1st gen stuff. I want to put games on and need to know if I can get the app's option to my itouch.