Need advice and opinions on model choice.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Smog, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Smog macrumors regular

Just want to try to get a general census on peoples opinions, heres a but of my background:

Relatively active. Go to a local Gym and run maybe once/twice a week.
    I work for a UK Ambulance Service (EMS for the US guys) on the frontline of emergency care. Involves a wide range of different circumstances so need a robust watch (Currently use a G-Shock for obvious reasons)
    I'm still torn between the Sport or Watch.

Whilst the Sport is more lightweight for being active, and would be lighter for use in my profession, I like the look of the Steel case better, and I'm not entirely convinced on the Ion screen and its protection if i bang it at work.

I do prefer the looks of the Apple Watch, but I'm worried about scuffing the steel at work, and ruining its casing. Whilst the addition of better stronger screen from the sapphire is a bonus, i don't want the watch to look scuffed and ruined if i wear it formally.

Which do you guys think I would be better using?

TL;DR
    For a relatively active lifestyle with an intense job physically, am I better with a sport as the case may be damaged and cheaper to replace or Apple Watch to better protect the screen and also wear as a formal watch.

2. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

I would skip the Sport and go with the Apple Watch. I think it's pretty clear that the Stainless Steel and the Sapphire Crystal are going to be stronger and wear better. It's definitely more important, in my opinion, to have a stronger screen, because if the case scruffs or scratches, it doesn't impede upon using the watch. And just remember, any signs of wear are going to be unique to your watch and your experiences, I choose to think that they become a part of making the watch even more personal, not taking away from it's appearance.

3. Smog thread starter macrumors regular

I have a TAG that i wear on special occasions, and even though I have the slightest of scuffs on the bezel, and after being annoyed at myself for months, I actually began to look at it this way recently. I love the sapphire dial on my TAG, but I don't want it to come into an impact at work and shatter :(

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

There are a few companies out there who are building cases for the Apple watch. I'm sure you will find something bulky like the one below to protect your watch.

[​IMG]

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Thats not really active, but would look at the Apple Watch edition to reduce the chances of scratches. Wouldn't worry about breaking it, how many times have you dropped and broken your Tag?

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

If you are even bringing up weight you're weigh off (see what I did there)

IF you can't handle the extra "heft" of the SS watch then FFS, live in a bubble.
    Second screen.... Sapphire glass is more "fragile" when speaking about impacts so don't worry about the durability of the sport edition. http://www.cnet.com/news/sapphire-phone-screens-not-as-strong-as-you-think-says-corning/ of course this was put out by corning but what evs.

Now that we got weight out of the way it's really based on what you want and like. We can all tell you our opinion but ultimately it's up to you. So put on your big girl panties and dive in. Good luck.