Need Advice ASAP - Please read

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spamdumpster, Jul 28, 2008.

1. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Is there any quick way to tell the condition of an iPhone's battery, i.e., how many cycles it's been through, what charge it can hold, etc. The info on the device itself is not too useful in this regard

Backstory: I have two White 3G iphones. I bought them off of craigslist. Both had been used for about 3 days, and both appear to be in perfect condition -- there's no cosmetic reason to prefer one over the other. I'm now going to sell one of them, and I've seen the threads where some people have a defective battery. If there's any difference, I'd like to keep the one with the better battery.

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

There's no real way to tell besides using both and seeing which one drains in like an hour while the other one can take a ton of time to drain.

If anything the warranty would still apply to the iPhone. It's tied to the serial number of the phone, not the buyer...I don't think.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Play a video on each and see which one lasts longer?

By 3 days I'm assuming that's the usage time, which likely means that they've both been charged probably the same amount. And the phones can't be more than 3 weeks old, so it's highly doubtful that the previous owners could have worn the battery down significantly.

But besides just using them to see which battery holds up the best, there's no real way to tell which battery works best just from stats.

4. profetto macrumors regular

Turn them both on at the same time, go into Settings and see if you can disable the Sleep feature (pretty sure you can). Then just set the brightness on both phones as high as they go, and see which one dies first.

5. MacMalv macrumors regular