Need Advice ASAP

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jun 29, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Hi I just got back my high school Math mark and I was 3% away from getting the mark I need to get into a College program. I was wondering:

Canada, Math 30a

A) Is it too late to do any extra work to raise my mark 3%.

and

b) I'm going to phone the teacher and thank her, how would i do that?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

what would the teacher expect you to do to obtain that extra? aim for 6% extra and go for it.

Be clear and have a good strategy, persistence is the key to achieve your goals.

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

I'm guessing that asking her would yield the most useful answers.

4. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

I would suggest asking the teacher exactly the question you pose here.

5. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Email is fine, call her at school only. Teachers don't like to be called at home if that's your intention.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Perhaps he intends to call her while she's at school? :confused:

Are you from Canada? In Canada, I don't even believe you're allowed to phone a teacher while he or she is at home. Perhaps if she gave you her contact information, that would be different.

8. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I've never heard that. I have had teachers in high school give out their contact information, though.

In any event, I would simply approach your teacher and explain your situation. If you did well generally in the course and did poorly on one test or assignment, chances are the teacher will be willing to move some numbers around for you. :)

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I would disagree.......school's over, the grades are in, he didn't quite do enough during the term and now he needs a favor, a big favor......definitely not an email situation! the easiest thing for her to do is say "no" in an email reply

10. ngrncr macrumors newbie

Need HELP!!!!

Ok...so YES! I'm new at this, ok. :eek: Can anyone tell me, (I have search all over the internet!!!!) if there is a bluetooth rechargeable mouse with bluetooth keyboard for mac users. I like to buy a combo, because it is cheaper, but if I have to do it separately, I guess I'll have to work longer hours. :( I mean... there's got to be. Somebody must have thought of it. I have a 6 month old macbook with bluetooth capabilities. After days and hours working on my computer, I need something that won't give me shoulder pain. Ugh! :eek: I also don't want anything to use my USB ports. I also don't intend to use the keyboard too much, but when I'm typing long letters, I want to use a more comfortable keyboard than what's on the mac. I like to use the mouse. It is just easier for me. Less shoulder pain. I'm on my computer all day long. The office has nicknamed me SCREEN LADY. Ok..maybe I'm asking for too much. But...can anyone direct me to the right products. THANK YOU!!! ;)

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Uh... don't even know what to say...

You responded to a random thread with a post about keyboards and mice
    (I know the title says "Need Advice ASAP" but the thread is irrelevant to your post)
    Not even in the right forum

I know you are new... but you might want to start a thread in the Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion for this

As far as bluetooth keyboards and mice, there are many
    I use Apple's keyboard and the Mighty Mouse

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Homeboy just made this thread of the day!

13. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Update:

I was offered to either rewrite the final exam, or rewrite a whole bunch of exams and then rewrite the final. I would also have to find a teacher in the summer whiling to let me write the exams at their house which would be around $60 - $100 an hour. So I decided to just write the colleges accuplacer exam.

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry dude... but this thread has been hijacked
    It is now about keyboards and mice... get with the program
    If you don't have something to contribute... well

J/K ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]