Need advice - Broken silent ringer switch on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevejobbers, Oct 16, 2008.

1. stevejobbers macrumors member

I bought my iPhone 3G about a month ago from an AT&T store, and the other day the silent ringer switch snapped off when I went to toggle it.

I've made an appt. at an Apple store this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what their advice would be. Should I push them to just give me a new one or will they take mine and send it out for repairs? If so does that mean I'm without a phone for a while?

It just sucks b/c my phone has been perfect otherwise and i hate that this happened.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Be pleasant, but firm in getting a replacement. I think Apple now charges for a loaner phone, while they fix yours. I'm not a fan of that.

Also, I've kept my previous Motorola as a back up phone, in case of issues or if I go somewhere I don't want to bring my iPhone (ex. waterpark)

3. lovemyiphone macrumors member

Mine broke the second day I had it and I took it in and they swtched it out with no problems.

4. stevejobbers thread starter macrumors member

just a quick followup.... i returned my iphone this morning to an apple store and they exchanged it, no questions asked. didn't even need to bring my receipt in. they gave me a (new?) iphone from a white box. very satisfied!!!