Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chanwaiming3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I'm the type that would really annoyed if I buy a Macbook today only to find out that Apple will release a newer version 2 - 4 weeks from now. Some people don't care but I would regret buying the "old" version.

Right now, I need a new Macbook but I'm not "desperate" for one. I can wait a few weeks if I need to. (but can't wait for more than 2 months)

Does anyone know if Apple is coming out with new Macbooks? the current one was released in Oct. 2008 and that makes it 6 months... my instinct tells me that they will update it in May. Does anyone know when they will update?

Would you advise me to wait or to get one now.

Thanks

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
there is always the possibility there might be a slight revision late in the spring. It is doubtful that there would be anything breathtaking or make the current macbook irrelevant.

The longer you wait, the closer you get to a revision that might annoy you. Just buy it now.

machomer

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Please take a look at the "Buyer's Guide" tab above. It will provide an overview of the past lifecycles of apple products and recommend whether if the product has just been refreshed or anticipate a soon refresh.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
buy it now because i doubt it'll see an update in the next two months. The next update will most likely be in october.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
In the next few months probably. Probably not October because that date doesn't match well with new CPU releases and the update cycle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.