Need advice - buy Macbook now or wait for latest revision

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chanwaiming3, Apr 19, 2009.

  1. chanwaiming3 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    #1
    I'm the type that would really annoyed if I buy a Macbook today only to find out that Apple will release a newer version 2 - 4 weeks from now. Some people don't care but I would regret buying the "old" version.

    Right now, I need a new Macbook but I'm not "desperate" for one. I can wait a few weeks if I need to. (but can't wait for more than 2 months)

    Does anyone know if Apple is coming out with new Macbooks? the current one was released in Oct. 2008 and that makes it 6 months... my instinct tells me that they will update it in May. Does anyone know when they will update?

    Would you advise me to wait or to get one now.

    Thanks
     
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
  3. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    #3
    there is always the possibility there might be a slight revision late in the spring. It is doubtful that there would be anything breathtaking or make the current macbook irrelevant.

    The longer you wait, the closer you get to a revision that might annoy you. Just buy it now.
     
  4. machomer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    #4
    Please take a look at the "Buyer's Guide" tab above. It will provide an overview of the past lifecycles of apple products and recommend whether if the product has just been refreshed or anticipate a soon refresh.
     
  5. zer0tails macrumors 65816

    zer0tails

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #5
    buy it now because i doubt it'll see an update in the next two months. The next update will most likely be in october.
     
  6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #6
    If you need it now, buy it now. If you don't need it now, wait.
     
  7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Location:
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    #7
    ...if you can find a deal on one, buy it now...otherwise wait forever:D:eek::D
     
  8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #8
    In the next few months probably. Probably not October because that date doesn't match well with new CPU releases and the update cycle.
     

Share This Page