Need advice: Craigslist confustion.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kixphlat, Oct 14, 2008.

1. kixphlat macrumors newbie

I'm trying to buy an unlocked iPhone 3g from craigslist, and I found one for $250 unlocked. I emailed the seller and he said it's unlocked. So I asked him how it's unlocked, whether he bought it from hong kong, italy, etc or if it's a turbo sim/rebel sim unlock.

He replied:
    Yeah the phone si unlocked...some of the phone where unlocked by apple and the rest by me because i have te unlocking codes...

------

I don't think that answered my question.

Unlock codes? what codes? =/

What's should I do?
    I don't really trust the rebel sim

2. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

3. kixphlat thread starter macrumors newbie

I kinda get what you mean but the thing is, I am in need of a new phone asap since my phone is literally dead lol.

4. LDB macrumors member

LDB

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and poops like a duck....

5. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

If you need a phone that bad, go to 7-11 or Wal-Mart and get a prepaid.

From the looks of it (and keep in mind that I've been using Craig's List for years now and I've seen most every scam known to CL and the users) this is a scam, once more. We get these same types of ads here in Las Vegas on CL and it's a constant never-ending barrage of people trying everything they can to pawn off stuff that simply isn't what they're advertising and you, as the purchaser, end up getting screwed nearly every single time.

You're better off getting a locked phone (plenty of those going around) and then getting someone to do the unlocking in your presence instead of a "pre" unlocked phone.

Just my suggestion...

6. kixphlat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for a decent reply. I am in New Zealand and we don't have Wal-Mart or 7/11. And I am on prepaid for your information.

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

How did you expect to get the phone then? Is the seller also in NZ?