Need advice dealing with refund from Bookeen

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zaney, May 8, 2008.

1. zaney macrumors regular

10 days ago I ordered a Cybook Gen 3 from Bookeen, but after reconsidering (and discovering the Cybook can't legibly render A4 PDFs), I cancelled the order via email. I was told that my cancellation would be processed soon.
    A week later (after another email, and a response saying it was still being "processed") I had still not had a confirmation of cancellation or a refund, and it was still appearing on my orders list.
    So I sent another email, waited two days, and got no answer at all. Not even one saying it's being "processed". So I send another email yesterday, and again, have not got a reply.
    So basically, Bookeen have £315 of my money, are keeping it, and not answering my mails.

I'm not entirely sure what to do about this, I kinda need the money back, but Bookeen have no contact details other then an email address and a french postal address. The postal address isn't really any help, and they're not answering emails.

Any advice on how to deal with this?

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

If you paid with a credit card, you should contact your credit card company, as they will suspend the charge and help you sort out the problem with your supplier.

3. zaney thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I don't have one. I paid by debit card.

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Contact your bank anyway and see what they can do.